1. Cybertron has two politicical parties: the Primes and the Lords. Optimus (of the Prime party) and Megatron (of the Lord party) are running against each other.
2. Quote from The Dilbert Principle by Scott Adams:
“To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you’ve had a few minutes to play with them. Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. Normal people don’t understand this concept; they believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.
No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it into a stun gun. No engineer can take a shower without wondering if some sort of Teflon coating would make showering unnecessary. To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and feature-poor toys.”
3. All young sparklings have a default alt-mode which is designed to keep them as safe as possible until their first upgrade. The transformed sparkling has very low mobility, but usually has enough protection to keep him/her safe in threatening situations until an adult can intervene. After shifting the general body structure, the alt-mode’s ‘limbs’ (containing important components of vital systems) and head are withdrawn into a central armored section.
Human: Um, I was just wondering… I thought you guys could only take mechanical alt-modes. What’s up with that little guy who just transformed into a turtle?
4. October’s just begun. Time to start thinking about Halloween plans!
5. Which are the most likely TFs to be secret procrastinators?
7. “You let Wheeljack overhear the story of Dr. Frankenstein?! What on Cybertron made you think that was even remotely a good idea?!?!”
“I was desperate! I had to distract Sideswipe before he found the Darwin Awards website!”
8. Not really a bunny, but a great writing quote (not even about fanfic specifically) that I found on this site. Does this farm’s telepathy ever trickle out to the Internet in general?
“Write all your good ideas as quickly as you can after you get them. Don't worry about getting more; they'll come faster and faster the more you write. Before you know it, you'll be begging people to take them, like a gardener with zucchini.”
Oh, and this amused me also, from a different list of writing tips:
Take a walk - Get out of your writing brain for 10 minutes. Think about bunnies. Breathe.
9. After the war ends, leaders and top officers of both factions are all exiled for war crimes.
10. TFs taking tests.
11. Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. -Mac McCleary
12. "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
13. "Always use tasteful words. You may have to eat them."
14. "I'm not afraid to fall, it means I've climbed up high, to fall is not to fail, you fail when you don't try."
15. The old datapad hidden in his quarters contains only one small file: a Cybertronian address.
16. “I’ll accept your apology, if you’ll accept my forgiveness.”
18. One watery morning in the Decepticon base, Soundwave’s cassettes online to find that they are normal-sized, with typical mech/femme style bodies and enlarged versions of their previous alt modes. They are lying on normal-sized berths, in a room they’ve never seen before – and Soundwave is gone.
19. Art. Mermechs!
20. Soundwave made the mistake of letting his cassettes read fantasy literature and books about Earth animals, and is now seriously considering giving in to their demands because of the sheer amount of whining.
A. Ravage, Frenzy, and/or Rumble want wings.
B. Ratbat/Laserbeak/Buzzsaw wants a ground-based form.
C. Laserbeak & Buzzsaw/Frenzy & Rumble want to have totally different forms so other ‘Cons will stop calling them by the wrong names.
D. Frenzy commented in the rec room that it would be hilarious if one or all of them were remade to look like miniature versions of Megatron. Soundwave was barely able to shush him before their mighty leader overheard.
E. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw want to be miniature Seekers.
F. Ratbat wants to be a cat, like Ravage.
G. Ravage wants to be a bat, like Ratbat.
H. Someone wants to be:
1) A griffin.
2) A unicorn.
3) A crocodile.
4) A mermech/merfemme.
5) A dragon.
6) A hobbit.
7) A snake.
8) A liopleurodon.
21. The Dinobots discover the theory that birds are supposedly descended from dinosaurs and come to what they think is a logical conclusion.
22. “You’re kidding. They’re getting bonded?”
“…Dear Primus, what will the sparklings look like?!”
23. (Inspired by a bunny on dreamer_way’s recent list) Instead of ‘choosing’ one Cybertronian from the entire population, the Matrix latches on to the first one it comes in contact with who would be willing to accept it – being naïve enough to think that he/she could handle the responsibility.
24. A canon femme as Prime.
25. Primus only created the Cybertronians so they could take care of his unwieldy body while he was stuck in sphere form.
A. When he manages to transform back to mech form, he has no need for the Cybertronians and abandons them.
B. The Cybertronians aren’t doing a suitable job, getting caught up in their politics and actually damaging his body as a consequence of their wars. Primus starts to think it would be easier to destroy them all and start over.
26. Primus is temporarily unable to care for his children. His brother Unicron agrees to ‘babysit’ until Primus can take custody of them again. Most of the children, understandably, are very wary of their new ‘babysitter’.
27. Some of the Cybertronians were originally Unicron’s creations. The prosperity of the Primus-created bots lured most of Unicronians to Cybertron, where they mixed with their cousins and, though inter-bonding, the two races became integrated. Bitterly disappointed that his own creations abandoned him, Unicron decided that if he wanted to retain his own people, he would have to risk sending the few Unicronians who had stayed with him to destroy the mixed race.
28. Looking out at the ocean floor, a Decepticon sees a strange, dim light that pulses in time with his spark-beat.
29. The Cybertronians’ stay on Earth is rapidly recalibrating the systems which maintain their internal components. These systems quickly adjust to Earth’s atmosphere, and slowly become dependent on certain gases. Although taking in and converting these gases to perform certain functions reduces the amount of energon each mech requires, sooner or later they’ll all be so dependent on ‘breathing’ that they won’t be able to leave.
30. A human forgets his/her cell phone (set on vibrate) inside of a Transformer.
31. That Telephone game where a bunch of people pass along a message and it gets completely distorted.
32. Perceptor’s long words + a Dinobot’s simple grammar = a sparkling who speaks normally.
33. The TFs find out about SuzyWong’s (amazing!) TF plushies.
34. Home Alone, Transformers-style.
- Current Mood: sleepy